Parent County: Original
Co. Seat: Cities
Wallace: Kellogg, Mullan, Osburn, Pinehurst, Smelterville, Wardner, Avery, Clarkia
Established February 4, 1864 with its county seat at Pierce. In 1885 the county seat was moved to Murray, in 1890 to Osburn, and finally to Wallace in 1893. The first organized unit of government within Idaho boundaries created and named for the Shoshoni Indians in 1858 by the Washington Territorial Legislature as part of Washington, effective in 1861.
700 Bank Street, Wallace, ID 83873 Phone: (208) 752-1264 Fax: (208) 753-2711
IGS Publication: Fall 1997